Saturday, March 5, 2011

Week Two

  • I have been working on Al Massar Programme observation and I got Feedback from Sacha. Then, I had Wholesale Banking Overview with Nida. Moreover, she discussed the second project which is to be researched about As foreigner HOW to behave, conduct, live in the UAE? and WHAT are the DOES and DON’TS, so I did some research online and went to bookshop to find Emarites 101 book . In addition, I helped Bassam in organizing books that will be distributed in the other day for the workshop.

  •  (Great Manager Programme I Dare to Care) WORKSHOP by Bassam from 9am to 5pm.
  • I had brief information about Tala’s job in the team in particular and in the Bank as general so her focus is on soft skills as in Professional Development Programme However, Bassam work as Consumer Banking which both focuces on Managers and Bassam Deliver courses or training for the manager to do well as HR manager person.on the other hand Nida is working with them as well as wholesale Banking. Back to Tala’s work process as she said she do the Calender and IG International Graduator, tala sends invitation to all managers in the bank and the grades starts from 10 to 1 from high to low skill after that she receives the list of managers who want to enjoy the training session and she send it to Chinay country which will record the names of managers who want to participate so that tala knows who attended and who’s not. Moreover she arranges timing for the training classes and then Bassam do his work by training them and the expenses of equipment and refreshments comes from each ones department from different departments which might be from Finance, HR, etc. when international Graduator who have graduated  from any degree like Bachlor and applied to work in the bank tala will test him so that know his grade or level and after the test she will research in the system which department need employer with this skills and after deciding in which department will put him then they start with him 4 rotations so for Wholesale Banking Graduates, the programme consists of 4 standard rotations: So the Rotation manager will rotate him on the specific departments like in rotation 1 he will be rotated on just cash and trade, in rotation 2 on specific that need to be have rotated so the line manager send orders to his team to rotate him on specific parts that she chose and let the rotation manager to have responsibility to rotate the graduator. The line manager will look after the graduator and evaluated him on P3 performance, pay, Potential and that will be three times in the year (first, middle, last) for two years and then she will send him to the business and after that become future Leader.
I had lunch with the team in the al Masaar workshop
  • Bassam told me to search online about the inductive and deductive mode so I researched and I sent him the PowerPoint.
  • I had workshop about (New manager’s induction) with NIDA from 9am to 1pm which was about People Management in Standard Chartered in their specific role. I was just observer in the workshop but I met with the managers and I talked to them. Then, Brad Head of Talent and Development in western is came to us to add some points to the topic, next Naomi HR of Consumer Banking was setting in the room and answering new managers queries. After that we had another presentation with Mirna Head of employee relation who worked 9 years in the Standard Chartered, she explained the PIP which stand for Performance Improvement Plan and also she explain the main policies that are (Guide for Manager). I set to complete Dos and Don’ts of how behaving in the UAE? PROJECT.
  • I attended the LTD Bi weekly meeting which the AGENDA OF MEETING was Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, ME and the Agenda of Item was 1.Project Management Piece, 2.Launch of the calendar, 3.Project list, 4.any other business from other countries. Kris set the plan and Tala presented the meeting. The feedback of her performance in the meeting was like that her objective was not clear to the audience she didn’t make clear about (what she want from the group?), she didn’t prepare herself when she was presenting she was looking the screen of the laptop and she surprised and start laughing kind of surprising when she saw the projector screen she was like wow my designing of the tables was fabulous, therefore she didn’t look professional and her line manager advised her to should be familiar with what she did when she was working on it before she presented so far because what as she said what have you done you should be familiar with it and that will give more confident when you are presenting , she didn’t stand all the time. However her positive side was the presentation was amazing and included new things such as the plan for ILTD was designed by her on website and the useful of that was make the work easy for anyone who wants to enjoy SCB. Then I had lunch with my team before I leave next week to its another branch so I had talk and interest with them. After that we all returned back and I round completed my next project. Next I had meeting with kris about (running an office)
·         Manage scheduale
·         Team co-coordinator (scheduling, soft copying)
·         Budget (monitoring)
·         Wholesale banking (training courses)
·         Conference meeting (arrange meetings, book room specially for big calls
I asked her:
How you learned the work even though it is difficult to work on the structure in the first time? She was just yes of course it was difficult in the first but I tried to work on the requirements of my work  on the start so my friend helped very much on and it is also based on experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment