Friday, March 18, 2011

Week Five

Day 21:
SCB Mentor “Amal” is on leave, I did not know what to do so I went to Geeta and asked her for any tasks to work on and she asked all of her members in the team if they need any help and I will be very happy to do their task little bit. I worked on updating UAE Passports Details of SCB employees and I access SCB website to get and identify more to SCB. Then, I had lunch with my colleagues  

Day 23:
I set on laptop identifying general SCB information while I am free doing nothing. Then, I worked on “UAE Passports Details” papers by inserting their PWI (People Wise Ide) and updating their passports information in the computer.
Day 24:
I accessed to Standard Chartered Bank website to identify more information about the departments and SCB in general.
Day 25:
I spent my day with Burier writing an e-mail to send to all Universities in Saudi Arabia on behalf standard chartered bank which recently opened another branch in KSA targeting to recruit Saudi students with fresh graduated degree and had achieved Business Management major or other business majors. Then, I had my lunch with my colleagues Kristina, swaty, Muna and Rania. I had searched online information about the Standard Chartered Bank specifically on Human Resources department. I had heard beautiful say from Burier who had said to his employees “never ever did the nervousness reactions solve work problems “even I had such serious problems with you guys in for example: not submitting the work on time, when I am relying on somebody some particular tasks and he neglected to send me and when this case or situation repeated many times which get me crazy if I set and didn’t treat the problem in time and may be the pressure increase on me and that is not fair, also Burier said I study the situation at first then inform everybody to follow regulation that is fair for all of us in way that lead to better decision.

Day 22:
I had Al Massar Programme (My Work, My Time Workshop) in DIFC from 9 to 1 and I had lunch with our colleagues. I learned from the workshop that when I will be recruited I will tell my line manager the exercise that we’ve done in the class workshop the most and least motivators in work place because it is fundamental to build relationship between the manager when you tell your most what motivate you in the work place and the least which will show him/her your interests or your motivators in the work place and it will encourage the employee to complete working in the company for many years. One of participants said that I tired many times asking my line manager to let me a leader of a team but he didn’t and she was like I know that I deserve to be a leader so the teacher said it is good to be sure of you want to be and what motivates you and try as an employee in the work place show your line manager and discuss with him/her your motivators. I have learned to behave with assertiveness behavior which it means (standing up for your rights without violating other people rights), control myself at work by talking to people around me to reduce your stress and nervousness and doing exercises…..., ask for feedback from your line manager and learn from it to avoid doing the same mistakes, Manage Emotions by
o   know my goals, beliefs, values, how I behave
o   concur the problem and see problems as challenges
o   keep self-motivated by writing daily quotes, surround yourself with positive people, treat yourself with (SPA), saloons and shopping
o   build relationship  by make time to get to know people and spend some social time as well as work time with them
Then, I went with my new colleague Hind in second floor in Finance department to get more knowledge on her work. In deed she welcomed me with big smile on her face and she was like just tell me what you need to know about our Finance department and I am on your help. I said I want you just explain for me your particular job in finance and she drew for me chart showing me WB-wholesale Banking MENA in general and her position as WB-Oman Finance (Business Finance) by showing the work flow and the technical Support form Chennai where they receives report type of Profit/lost and Asset/Liabilities with its balance sheet and she check on the reports and look after the reports that she receives from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment