Saturday, April 2, 2011

Week Six

Day 26:
I was setting on lap top getting information of Standard Chartered Bank then, I had lunch with my colleagues Ekta, Meghna, Swaty and Kristena.
Day 27:
I went to Career Fair in Trade Centre and I met with my colleagues in Sheikh Saeed hall for as first day. I stand with them introducing the Standard Chartered Bank to the visitors and who want to join the bank. So I stand for them and try to answer their question if I didn’t know I ask Ekta to answer their questions. Moreover, I gave people who want to join the bank to fill the form that related to for example who want the sponsorship, who want to join as full time or part time. In addition our bank focuses is on Business and Finance major so when someone come and want to join the bank and have for example law or IT major the bank will refuse because the bank do not have work for these majors. Our Sheikhs his Highness Sheikh Maktoom Bin Rashid is came to the career Fair and he had very short speech from our colleagues Burier and Yasmeen about the Standard Chartered Bank and that was as motivator to see sheikhs are caring of UAE nationalities. Indeed, the career Fair highlighted on UAE nationalities and tries to employ/recruit Emirati people as much and that give more chance for Emirati to build and grow up with their minds and put their finger print to show that we can do it because we deserve to be that person who give back what the UAE country giving us and continuing its plan in growing and improving UAE level. I met with Yasmeen (Human Resources Relationship Manager) who visited us last semester in the college for quest speaker and I set with her during my own time, she told me that Standard Chartered Bank is the best place for working which has strong and powerful Human Resourcing structure for example when we want to fire person from the bank we as Human resources relationship we study his situation first then we do appraisal for him/her then we decide a solution for example if he has poor performance we decide to improve his performance by providing him/her trainings, coaching him and after while we set with him/her and give feedback on her performance and let him/her to ask for any help that he/she need to have and that process will take many steps  to improve it . Another example is that the Human resources as usual we set with that person and discuss with him/her if he/she really want to work and discuss his/her barriers because it is fundamental to treat the employees fairly and carefully however, other private organizations had weak Human Resources structure which will do the reverse by dismissing the employees on the first mistake and do not give them a chance to learn from their mistakes. Then, I set with Zuweina (National Development Manager of Consumer Banking Academy) who is old and an expert person in giving enough advice for my studies and on my work placements as well. I had lunch with my colleague Hala who is manager of Development training and I had conversation with her about her job and her personal life during her the lunch then we take a tour around the career fair to define to careers that might be helpful for my decision for the future to get better job with less hours of work.
Day 29:
I went to Career Fair in Trade Centre, I met with new colleague Ream Hassan (Consumer Banking) of Standard Chartered Bank who works in main branch in Bur Dubai. She talked about her and her studies and degrees as she had achieved the Bachelors, Masters and she spent in SCB three years. I had experience by dealing with clients who are willing to apply to work in Standard Chartered Bank and try to answer their queries and helping the customer to fill the form.
Day 30:
My last day in the main branch of Standard Chartered Bank with my supervisor Amal, I spent my day with my colleagues Muna, Rania, Ekta, Swaty, Kristina and Amel  having long conversation about the Career Fair. I research on SCB website to have better knowledge on SCB and cleaned desktop of every folder that I worked on over the four weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment