Saturday, April 2, 2011

Week One

Day 1, 2, 3, 4:
Tala Shrim (Programme Manager, LTD) is my supervisor, her line manager is Sacha Fitch(Head, LTD, Middle East), her team members are Nida Humayun (Manager, L&D), Bassam Barakat (Senior Manager, L&D Middle East).
I arrived to the Standard Chartered Bank which is located in the Al-Mankhool Street at 08:05am, then I met the receptionist to guide me to Ms.Nida who is my supervisor in the company, I was surprised when she said that there is no one in the Finance Section her name Nida. So I went to Ms. Sindu Sreekomar who is the head office of the Human resources and I was very upset when she said sara I said for you the Nida is in DIFC is in another branch and not here so I called my dad directly to pick me fast and I don’t want to be too late because I am already late. Next when I reached the DIFC I asked the receptionist the same question where is Nida and she told me please go to the 14th floor and ask the receptionist there so when I was going to the 14th floor I ask the lady over there where I can find the 14th floor and she said that you have to give me your ide and I will allow for your to access to the elevator so I gave her the ide and I reached to the 14th floor and I asked the receptionist there of Ms.Nida and she was just asking me and checking in the system if there is any work placement held by the Standard Chartered Bank and the answer was no there is no work placement here. After that I called Ms.Sindu Sreeekomar who firstly sent me to DIFC to check with her and she said where are now? Which building you are in? Then I was like someone really lost in the desert then I gave the phone to the receptionist and she said dear you have came to the wrong place what you should do now is that you should go to the  first building behind our building and there ask for Nida and sure you will find her. I went there as she told me and the receptionist told Ms.Nida  of my arriving and then I had seated till one of my team picked me to the 6th floor her name is Kris she is from Philippine to there I saw my all team Supervisor Nida from Pakistan, Bassam from Lebanon, Tala from Gordan, Brad from Canada, and Sasha from UK. Actually everyone welcomed me and came to me as they were so friendly and kind with me. In my time Nida have asked me about what I have been learned in the college specifically about the Human Resources and what I expect from them to teach me or trained me on what.Moreover, she showed the website of the Standared Chartered Bank and I went through it to get information. In addition, I met with Tala and she write down what I want from them to learn me during the two months (objectives), then I set with Mr.Bassam and he introduced himself to me. In the afternoon I went tour all over the seven floors with Kris and that was incredible to see lots of coffee shops, restaurants, saloons and lots of siminar rooms for solving problems internationally by contacting with them in TV, meeting and workshops. At the end I met with Sasha to introduce with me the (Induction & LTD agenda).
  • I set my SMART Objectives
  • I attended Al Massar Programme (My Performance, My Success) WORKSHOP
    My Performance My Success:
    I discovered Smart Objectives in the company: clarify my objectives with the boss to develop or set successful plans that make the work easy, I defined the characters of making great objective which measured to should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, timely on time bond (example; you didn’t tell me I should achieve it in 2010 I thought in 2020), should have outcome. Moreover, there are some character of a great set of objective which should not be job description and fluid (flexible) which is used also in change circumstances throughout the year, balance of financial and non-financial (clarity of report)

    Think of what expected of you in the work place: if you don’t know ask questions
    P3 Cycle: highlighted the performance, potential, pay/ Jan-Feb (objective setting) agree new objectives and create ILDP Next, may be in May meet with your line manager to discuss development then, in Jun-Jul interim P3 (performance rating, values rating, talent classification) and may be in October transparency (clearness) conversation and Update ILDP (Individual Learning Development Plan). In the end Dec-Jan (Final P3) final P3 review and year end rating. Conversation with manager (70/20/10 development)  70%: learn on the job or career and ask experts in your work and get feedback and get involved, 20%: learn from other people example, observe from other people asking them can I help you put this in your presentation for particular topic he will do and ask colleague to give you feedback, 10%: formal learning (legal book, online, workshops) 70%&20% you get from the tasks that you do but 10% you get from formal resources and courses or workshops. Also when you are doing any projects with lots of work and tasks then these all will go into your ILDP. Anybody asked you for any help you will show that you are for their help because in our values to help each other.
    One of audience said that I face such a situation that the line manager didn’t give me the rate that I deserve, what can I do? The advice was like this you should check with the line manager and discuss with him/her properly about my situation also in case when you are not happy or want to move from your career.

    Questioning skills: there are many types of questions which are they yes and no question (closed question) no information, statement and permission question (open question), probing question (tell me about yourself just tell me so it is boring).These questions to know how to deal with customers, employees.
    Active listening skills: negotiate with colleagues with paraphrasing what you want to say and show them your face impression and get your body reflect what in your mind and body language, eye contact
    Mohammed Al Mazmi (general manager of brand sales and services)said: Journey of a thousand miles begins with step” of Chine's say

    He also recommend to follow some important steps for the workshop topic which was Commitments beyond the work, interact and engage with people, choose the right direction of yourself and make good decision or plan then start working on the plan .
    From a P3 think carefully about how you performed against your objectives. Be honest-did priorities change, was anything out of your control, make notes about where you did well or could have done better to discuss with your manager in your review, provide examples and evidences (e.g. feedback received, targets met, dollars saved, business impact).
  • I discovered my learning style from Learning Style Questionnaire
  • I created Al Masaar Programme Form

No comments:

Post a Comment